OTIS HOUSE /
FAIRVIEW-RIVERSIDE STATE PARK
Originally built in the 1880’s as the family home for sawmill owner William Jay, the home was purchased and renovated by Frank Otis in the 1930’s. After his death in 1962, Mr. Otis left the property to the State of Louisiana to be developed into a recreational site for visitors. The home was evaluated and restored by Mr. Dodds prior to being placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Work completed in 1996.